17 January 2010

The Tale of Arthur Guinness

A lovely Sunday in Dublin. Armed with a free Hop On-Hop Off bus pass, I spent the day cruising around the city. I did not have a chance to earlier in the week so it was nice to get reacquainted with some of the more prominent sites of note. Priority number one: the St. James Gate Brewery, better known as the Guinness Storehouse. Call me a tourist, but it had to be done. The storehouse tour itself is incredible, but obviously the prime motivation is the free pint at the Gravity Bar on the seventh floor of the complex. Facts and figures, blah blah; the point is it tastes damn good. Other sites of the day included St. Stephen's Green, several churches, a failed attempt to see the Irish Museum of Modern Art, and the Dunnes Store in the city centre. Top that off with big plate of fish and chips on O'Connell St and I deem the day a success. Only a week ago I was sitting on a plane but this place is already starting to feel a bit more comfortable. Here's an odd thought: I actually have class tomorrow? I thought I was on holiday for four months! Of course I kid. I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but the beauty is that every day brings something new. I wont deny the certain thrill of uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment