11 January 2010

Dont Dice Your Onions

Today's lesson: peel them back in layers. After the 24 hour cancellation, our flight arrived around 9:30am this morning and we caught a cab to the Davenport hotel in the center of Dublin. The staff here couldn't have been nicer. Lots of info given, but very little capacity to hold it. I'm staying in the Abbey Court hostel here in the city centre until Wednesday when we move into UCD. Tomorrow brings more orientation sessions, perhaps a "mobile", and certainly a few pints. But back to the onion, I think its a good way to view all that is happening. This place is one of beauty, and rich and complex history. To understand and appreciate it is to dig deep and discover the very framework of a people. I'm not saying I'll accomplish this, but I think its worth a try. Let the adventure begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment