09 January 2010

Introductions

"In the following pages are words composed into sentences, strung together to make thoughts come to life. This is life, this is struggle; honesty, truth, pain. A troubled mind, restless in the late nights and rainy afternoons. Take it for what it is worth, most often very little, but on occasion, something worth a second glance. These are failed attempts to capture a feeling, a fleeting moment of understanding. Read with caution and respect for the ending is uncertain. Everything is possible. These are the chances taken, the limbs we walk out on, the cliffs we stand on too close to the edge. This is the Pilot's Guide to living life in one form or another as remains to be seen and other mislead thinking that no one would ever really care to read about anyway."
-
the original Pilot's Guide

I'll admit I've never had one of these before and I'm not sure where to begin. I figure it cant be too much different than all the notebooks that I've written in and compiled over the years.
Except for the part where anyone can read it. The past two and half years of my life have been some of the best, and I've come to love where I am and the things I am a part of. While there is comfort in that, there is a certain thrill found in breaking off and doing something completely out of your normal spectrum. Life is a process of rediscovery and learning, a constant means to challenge everything you know. With that I open the next chapter. I am not sure exactly what awaits me the next four months, but I think I'm ready for anything that life throws my way. If you care to follow along, I promise to try and make it interesting, and along the way perhaps learn something useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment