20 January 2010

Cooking with Ardi

The question most frequently asked before I left for Dublin had to do with what I would eat here. During my previous visit to Ireland I had no problems with the food, but a vacation is far different from living someplace day to day. Last semester I developed a bit of a knack for the whole cooking concept so I felt confident coming in. My life in the Bronx for the most part consisted of eggs, all sorts of vegetables and green things, apples, peanut butter, rice cakes, rice, beans, and chicken. Not bad right? Toss in a bit (or a lot) of franks hot sauce, garlic, or a nice blend of herbs and most of my attempts were successful. Good news: it appears that I can pull off the same eating patterns here. Well, with perhaps a few more potatoes and an unspecified number of the various brews that come in pints. A week into this we have finally assembled all the necessary cooking gear and the flat is starting to feel like home. Last night we finally sat down and had an excellent meal together. On that subject, let me introduce my flatmate and cooking connoisseur, Ardi, from Vancouver, British Columbia. I'm not sure exactly what went into the dish, nor would I want to reveal a chiefs secrets, but the result was a bowl full of goodness. I must say, I was quite impressed. I owe him one of my creations now. Food Network Canada anyone? For those who have expressed concerned, fear not, I am eating well. In other news, I picked up two bungie cords from Tesco today; lets just say that an eight pack of my favorite lager straps down all to easily on my bike rack now. Trust me when I say this, its the little things that make life worthwhile.


Dan, on the left, and Arde

No comments:

Post a Comment