29 March 2010

The World We Know

When Ace Enders released a self titled solo album under the name I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business in 2004, I honestly thought that a follow up was impossible. I Can Make Make A Mess would stand in time as a record of epic proportions, fifteen songs full of depth and introspection that I had a hard time putting down. The record was distinctly Ace, but in way different from any previous Early November release. With the breakup of the Early November in 2007, I wondered what would come next for a musician and songwriter who had been such a part of my formative years in developing a love for music. The answer came temporarily with the Ace Enders and a Million Different People project, though Ace has now returned to the I Can Make A Mess name. The World We Know was released on March 23rd and is rumored to be the first of three releases over the next year. In my mind, the album marks a return to the basics, with a heavy dependence on Ace's acoustic influences I've come to love. Understanding a bit of the history surrounding the Early November helps appreciate the tracks a bit more, but in general if you want an honest and down to earth record give this one a spin. Check out I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business on myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment